Admission Requirements/Program Fees
- Must have reliable transportation to be able to commute to classes and clinical/work placements.
- Have the fitness level necessary to perform the duties required of a PSW.
- Have access to a computer.
- Be eighteen years of age with an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or be nineteen years of age or older with or without an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). (Under the legislation, students will need to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older PRIOR to being able to register for the PSW program, regardless of their OSSD status.)
- Be an Ontario resident – Must be able to provide copy of proof of residency (please provide one of the following; driver’s license, tax bill, lease agreement, cable/TV bill, etc.)
- A clear vulnerable sector screening check, This screening must indicate no convictions including pending convictions. Forms will be handed out once the course begins.
- An up to date immunization record (blood titres must accompany the immunization record – it is required for placements)
- Current Two-Step TB test (if step one-skin test-is positive – you must include a chest x-ray showing report of “no active TB”)
- Influenza vaccination (influenza vaccine is mandatory for clinical and co-op placements)
- Provide a copy of your Dose 1, Dose 2, and Booster Dose (if eligible) COVID-19 vaccine.
- Canadian Birth Certificate *Please note that if you are a non-Canadian citizen, you will need to present at the orientation session proof of “Citizenship & Immigration Canada” documentation. A form “Confirmation of Residency and Eligibility” must be completed and signed confirming that the data on the form is accurate. It will be examined to verify eligibility by the Continuing Education school official.
- Secondary School Transcript (note: if you have an IEP, please provide us with it, so we can guide you accordingly)
- Current resume or list of jobs you held along with dates you worked
- Completion of the Reading and Writing Comprehension Assessment- provided by the CDSBEO
Please note: A receipt from the school board will be issued and mailed to the person or organization that issued the payment. We are not eligible to issue a T2202 or T2202A for income tax as these forms can only be issued by a university or college or an institution certified by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). The PSW course is a secondary credit course.
Students who withdraw after the 10th day of the term, and who have outstanding fees for the current term, are and may be held liable for those outstanding fees upon the discretion of the Principal and Department of Finance.
Students who do not officially withdraw will be liable for all fees assessed.
Verbally or electronically notifying your instructor, coordinator of the program or St James Catholic Education Centre school staff