Have you heard about our Personal Support Worker Program? Are you interested in hearing more about it? We have booked our information sessions for the Spring 2019 PSW program.
Information locations and dates:
Brockville: Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 at 3:00 at St Mary CHS in the PSW portable
Cornwall: Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at 1:00 at the Agora Centre (upstairs- please enter through the main entrance)
Smiths Falls: Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 at 1:00 at St James Catholic Education Centre in the PSW portable (South entrance)
Please complete the form below to register:
We are so excited to welcome our newest cohorts. Please watch the website for information regarding our September program.
Registration is now open for online courses. Our courses are set to begin on February 10th, 2020.
Please register through this link: eLearning Registration
As a board, we will be focusing on Health and Safety Training on November 29th PA Day. Please see the attached agenda for more information. PA Day Agenda – Nov 29 2019
We are so excited to get this semesters PSW program started in Brockville, Cornwall and Smiths Falls. If you are interested in learning more, please call us!
Thank you so much for hosting CDSBEO PSW students on their placements. We appreciate all you do and would like to provide you with the opportunity to give us some feedback regarding our program. Please complete the following survey. The link will close on Monday, June 24th at 9 am.
We are pleased to provide you with the agenda for the upcoming PA day on April 5th. The morning half of the PA Day is for all staff and will focus on Health and Safety. The afternoon half of the PA Day is for all Elementary and Secondary teaching staff, focusing on the fundamentals of mathematics. Please see the attached agenda for an overview of the day. April 5th – PA Day Agenda
Applications are invited for part-time and casual positions at our 100 bed facility located in Metcalfe, Ontario.
Responsible to function under the supervision of the Director of Care, PSW Coordinator, Registered Practical Nurse and Registered Nursing staff by assisting residents to meet their emotional, social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs. As a valued member of our team you will demonstrate a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with our organization’s mission, vision and values.
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care
• Adheres to established departmental policy and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control
• Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care
• Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
• Personal Support Worker certification from an approved Personal Support Worker Course as per the requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check that is less than 6 months old at time of hire
• Two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test results as per Public Health requirements and current annual influenza immunization for this upcoming year 2018-9.
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Please apply to Pam Clement, PSW Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all responses to this posting however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Osgoode Care Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Osgoode Care Centre is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle. Upon individual request, the Centre will endeavour to remove and barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the applicant, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.
The registration link for the online second semester courses is now open. Please find the link below to register.
Courses will start on Monday, February 11th. Please remember that we will require the following:
- High School Transcript – if you are a former student from our board, I have access to your transcript. If you are not, please email me a copy of your transcript.
- Registration Form – if you have taken online courses with us before, there is no need to fill out this form again. If you have not, please fill out the form and email it back to me with a copy of your birth certificate.
Are you thinking this might be a great new career for you? Did you know that we are accredited and offer the same certification as a college program? Please download the information package for more information about our program. It contains everything you need to know to register for our next session beginning in February 2019.
PSW Orientation Package February 2019
CDSBEO PSW Brochure-v2