Thank you to all who have attended and inquired about the Personal Support Worker Program. Please complete the form below to hold your spot at our registration session.
We will be holding registration sessions in January for our spring session, which starts on February 3rd, 2020. As of now, we will be hosting programs in Smiths Falls, Brockville, and Cornwall. Gananoque may be added if there is sufficient interest.
Click here for the PSW Registration Package 2020
Registration sessions will be held at the following locations:
Brockville: January 21st, 2020 at 9:00 am at J.L Jordan Catholic School in Brockville
Smiths Falls: January 21st, 2020 at 1:00 pm at St James Catholic Education Centre.
Cornwall: January 23rd, 2020 at 10:00 am at the Agora Centre (Please go in the main door and proceed upstairs to the classroom)
We look forward to seeing you.
Due to some recent changes, the registration session for the February 2020 PSW program will now be held next Tuesday, January 21st at J.L. Jordan Catholic School in Brockville. The session will begin at 9 am.
J.L. Jordan Catholic School is located at 294 First Ave., Brockville, On K6V 3B7
Looking forward to seeing you.
Registration is now open for online courses. Our courses are set to begin on February 10th, 2020.
Please register through this link:
As a board, we will be focusing on Health and Safety Training on November 29th PA Day. Please see the attached agenda for more information. PA Day Agenda – Nov 29 2019
Are you interested in learning more about our Personal Support Worker program?
Please join us at the following Information Sessions:
PSW Smiths Falls- Tuesday, November 26 at 2:30 p.m. at St. James Catholic Education Centre
PSW Brockville- Thursday, November 28 at 2:30 p.m. at St. Mary Catholic High School
PSW Cornwall- Friday, December 6 at 1:00 p.m. at The Agora Centre- 301 McConnell Ave, Cornwall- Please use the main entrance and go up the stairs.
Please register using the link below to ensure a spot. We look forward to seeing you!
We are so excited to get this semesters PSW program started in Brockville, Cornwall and Smiths Falls. If you are interested in learning more, please call us!
Thank you so much for hosting CDSBEO PSW students on their placements. We appreciate all you do and would like to provide you with the opportunity to give us some feedback regarding our program. Please complete the following survey. The link will close on Monday, June 24th at 9 am.
We are pleased to provide you with the agenda for the upcoming PA day on April 5th. The morning half of the PA Day is for all staff and will focus on Health and Safety. The afternoon half of the PA Day is for all Elementary and Secondary teaching staff, focusing on the fundamentals of mathematics. Please see the attached agenda for an overview of the day. April 5th – PA Day Agenda
Applications are invited for part-time and casual positions at our 100 bed facility located in Metcalfe, Ontario.
Responsible to function under the supervision of the Director of Care, PSW Coordinator, Registered Practical Nurse and Registered Nursing staff by assisting residents to meet their emotional, social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs. As a valued member of our team you will demonstrate a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with our organization’s mission, vision and values.
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care
• Adheres to established departmental policy and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control
• Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care
• Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
• Personal Support Worker certification from an approved Personal Support Worker Course as per the requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check that is less than 6 months old at time of hire
• Two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test results as per Public Health requirements and current annual influenza immunization for this upcoming year 2018-9.
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Please apply to Pam Clement, PSW Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all responses to this posting however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Osgoode Care Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Osgoode Care Centre is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle. Upon individual request, the Centre will endeavour to remove and barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the applicant, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.
← Older posts
The registration link for the online second semester courses is now open. Please find the link below to register.
Courses will start on Monday, February 11th. Please remember that we will require the following:
- High School Transcript – if you are a former student from our board, I have access to your transcript. If you are not, please email me a copy of your transcript.
- Registration Form – if you have taken online courses with us before, there is no need to fill out this form again. If you have not, please fill out the form and email it back to me with a copy of your birth certificate.