Osgoode Care Centre Employment Opportunity!!
Applications are invited for part-time and casual positions at our 100 bed facility located in Metcalfe, Ontario.
Responsible to function under the supervision of the Director of Care, PSW Coordinator, Registered Practical Nurse and Registered Nursing staff by assisting residents to meet their emotional, social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs. As a valued member of our team you will demonstrate a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with our organization’s mission, vision and values.
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care
• Adheres to established departmental policy and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control
• Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care
• Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
• Personal Support Worker certification from an approved Personal Support Worker Course as per the requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check that is less than 6 months old at time of hire
• Two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test results as per Public Health requirements and current annual influenza immunization for this upcoming year 2018-9.
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Please apply to Pam Clement, PSW Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all responses to this posting however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Osgoode Care Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Osgoode Care Centre is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle. Upon individual request, the Centre will endeavour to remove and barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the applicant, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.
Leave a Reply